Auto-Retractable Seam Ripper
Are you tired of fretting over potential injuries from a fixed blade seam ripper? Frustrated because your seam ripper doesn’t work as hard as you do? Luckily, the Slice® Auto-Retractable Seam Ripper is here for your seam-ripping needs.
The Slice Auto-Retractable Seam Ripper is perfect for anyone looking for a safer alternative to a manual seam ripper. The spring-loaded blade automatically retracts when you release the slider. The lightweight yet sturdy handle is easy to hold and fits comfortably in your hand, making it the optimal choice for working for extended periods.
From cutting thread to removing stitches, Slice makes people and places safer. Learn more below.
- Durable nylon handle
- 100% zirconium oxide blade that never rusts
- Blade lasts on average 11.2x longer than metal blades
- Easy-to-use ambidextrous design
- Cutting string and thread
- Removing stitches and opening buttonholes
Material: GFN, POM, stainless steel, carbon steel, zirconium oxide
Dimensions: LWeight: 0.03 kg x W x H
Blade Replacement for Slice Seam Rippers
What Are the Most Popular Retractable Seam Ripper Uses?
How Is the Slice Auto-Retractable Seam Ripper Unique?
Which Blades Should I Use?
How Do I Change the Blade in the 10597 Seam Ripper?
1) Hold the seam ripper so that the slider is on top and the small grey nub is on the bottom.
2) Make sure the blade is fully retracted, as the blade-change cap cannot be removed when the blade is extended.
3) To remove the blade-change cap, push in the grey nub with your thumb and tilt the bottom of the cap away from the handle, as though there is an invisible hinge between the top of the cap and the top of the handle. Pull the cap away.
4) Once the cap is removed, extend the blade fully and remove it from its (green/orange) housing.
5) Place the new blade in the housing, ensuring that the notch lines up properly.
6) Retract the blade fully and replace the blade-change cap by hinging it back on with the same angle you used to remove it.